Posted in:
By Ruth 0 Comments

German apple pancakes

This morning I made Nick and I German apple pancakes. My mom often created these at my house on Sunday mornings when I was a kid. I also went all out and made fresh squeezed orange juice and am feeling like quite the chef :)


And as I've learned from previous tasty posts, here is the recipe in case you want to enjoy one of our household favorites.

Today I made it with 3 apples (pick any of the red kinds) in an 8x11 pan. The edges will puff up (in my case today the corners puffed up above the pan) and brown like the pic below when they are done.

German Apple Pancakes
4 eggs
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c. margarine or butter
2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Heat oven to 400, Place 2 round layer pans, 9x1-1/2 inches, in oven. Beat eggs, flour, milk, and salt in small mixer bowl on medium speed 1 minute. Remove pans from oven. Place 2 Tbsp. margarine in each pan; rotate pans until margarine is melted and coats sides of pans.

Arrange half the apple slices in each pan; divide batter evenly between pans. Mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 2 Tbsp. of sugar mixture over batter in each pan. Bake uncovered until puffed and golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Serve immediately.


P.S. for extra sugary goodness, we always eat these with some syrup.